At Eumo, in your role as a visual communication designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative and functional communication for print, spatial and digital products. You must possess an ability to bring concepts and communication to life with sharp visualisation and application of skillsets. We expect an understanding of our client’s needs, their business and their customers with the objective of creating to serve their brand’s promise.
As a visual designer, your skillsets will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, colour, space, form and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills to develop user-centred solutions in the disciplines of graphic design, communication and UX/UI.
Here are some of your responsibilities in detail –
- Prepare for a project through research and inquiry
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets
- Work collaboratively with designers to ensure seamless solutions are created for each project.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary teams that includes spatial designers, architects, interior designers
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Develop user-interfaces that are easy to read, easy to understand and easy to navigate.
- Be aware of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design & communication
- Interpret storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning
- Develop or supervise the execution of your design solutions into prototypes and finished products along with cross-functional internal teams and vendors.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Professional experience in designing brand identity systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
Some of the skills you need to succeed include:
You need strong communication skills to communicate messages to target audiences. Your communication skills would help you express your ideas as well as produce work that incorporates a messaging hierarchy.
A strong problem-solving skills will allow you to modulate your messages to respond to client’s changing needs as well as propose fresh solutions to clients to show your willingness to generate solutions.
Your research skills are a tool that helps you pinpoint problems and solutions and identify opportunities that form the foundation of ideas.
Your ability to create divergent routes as creative solutions and then converge on a route to develop the idea through to a solution will be an important skill in this role.